I like to develop comprehensive and sustainable plans, using a multidisciplinary approach; ranging from high level strategic policy documents to site-specific transit station planning. Decision making and problem resolution are two important concepts for me.
Jean believes that every community is different so the planning solutions and implementation should correspond to the ethos of the place. Public engagement and consultation have an important role in helping determine the direction of a plan. She likes to 'get things done.'
Areas of practice include:
- Municipal organization and governance (annexation, department structure, strategic plans)
- Statutory plans (Official Community Plans, Municipal Development Plans, Area Structure Plans, Intermunicipal Development Plans – including reviews, new plans and amendments)
- Implementation (Zoning / Land Use Bylaws including re-zoning applications, municipal land sales)
- Studies and research (growth management studies, sustainability plans, economic and demographic indicators, housing, commercial, industrial, downtown revitalization, recreation and tourism, transportation, transit / TOD)
- Engagement and consultation (facilitation, workshops)
Along with Chris, she would enthusiastically and thoughtfully tackle anything else!